Category: Uni Work (Second Year)
Galactic Zombie Defence League is a cooperative survival Sci-fi / Horror first person shooter video game for PC and home consoles that puts the player in the role of a surviving member of the Galactic Zombie Defence League.
Click Here to Download PDF
The pitch was created to show a possible use for a game engine, in this case UDK, discussing the implementation of the game’s features in the engine.
For this piece of coursework a 3D scene had to be created using OpenGL. The scene created for this project is based on a level from Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon for Playstation 1.
Spooky Swamp Download zip
(Keep the .exe file, the images and the model files in the same folder, otherwise the program will not load correctly)
The scene was created using geometric primitives and several models, with multiple lights, texturing and texturing animation, matrix transforms and manipulation of the matrix stack. A user can interact with the scene by moving around the scene using the W,A,S, and D keys, can also move the camera up and down in the scene using the Q and E keys, create ripples in the water by pressing X, and can turn off / on the light in the scene using the T and Y key.
A few posts ago I talked about my new modules at Uni and the start of my groups Game Society project, so I just wanted to write about these projects a little and the progress made on them since the University year is now finished.
For the Game Society we formed a team called What A Twist and are currently working on a project called “The Chroma Project.” We’ve been creating the game in Unity, which has been a fun experience using a new platform to develop on. The game is a first person 3D puzzle platform game, using light as a mechanic to control the puzzles. Other mechanics in the game include moving platforms and localized lights, as well as some standard features like checkpoints, skybox and a title screen. Although there are only a few levels in the game so far, they …
Last week I joined the Abertay Game Development Society, which I’m so happy about. Everyone involved has been saying “This should have been done such a long time ago” and its true, someone really should have been working on this YEARS ago.
This week we were assigned to groups and asked to come up with a concept, something we can work on as a team and develop in our spare time. The concept we decided to go for is kind of awesome, and we decided to use Unity to create the game. Our team is composed of a mix of first and second year students, and we all seem to have varying skill levels and programming knowledge, but its still going to be fun
From an academic point of view this is going to be a great opportunity to be working with a new platform I’ve never tried previously, and …
The PS2 version of the The Cave is pretty much an exact port of The Cave: Aeon’s Quest.
My game, The Cave: Aeon’s Adventure, is a sprite based RPG where the player must travel through the nine rooms of The Cave to reach the end. The player must avoid enemies to reach the end of the game, otherwise they will lose lives. If they lose enough lives the game will end and the player will have to restart the game.
The Cave: Aeon’s Adventure runs on PS2 Linux, using the PS2 Dual-shock controller for player input. The program was written using Notepad++. Since the game is just sprite based without textures the game itself consists of various coloured squares representing enemies and the player.
The Cave: Aeon’s Quest, is a sprite based RPG where the player must travel through the nine rooms of The Cave to reach the end. The player must avoid enemies to reach the end of the game, otherwise they will lose lives. If they lose enough lives the game will end and the player will have to restart the game.
The Cave Aeons Quest 7zip
(Keep both the .exe file and the IMAGES folder in the same folder, otherwise the game will not load correctly)
The Cave: Aeon’s Adventure runs on Windows, using the Keyboard for player input. The program was written using C++ with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
The game consists of the player moving a sprite, Aeon the player’s character, around the screen trying to avoid other sprites on the screen, representing enemies.
When the player moves off the screen to the right, …
I can finally say I feel like I might complete this project in the near future.
I finally completed my singular Enemies class, implemented into each code and got two basic rooms running correctly as they should. The artwork for all my sprites are now complete (I spent like two hours trying to drawing a Minotaur on Photoshop… Fun times!) and the hard work will eventually pay off
I made quite a few changes in the original sprite class to help with porting my code for console development, mostly just changes to function names and declarations.
I still have quite a few things I need to add; user interface, menus, re-implement different enemies movement patterns, create the “Boss Fights”, player weapons and magic. I’m hoping to complete this and my Pathfinding portfolio before heading home for Christmas.